Transport managers, UK haulage firms and family-owned logistics businesses have scooped top awards at a prestigious ceremony held in Nottingham.
The Fortec Distribution Network Annual Awards, now in their sixteenth year, are designed to celebrate and thank talented teams, hard-working staff and high performing businesses.
The pallet network, whose headquarters are based in Northamptonshire, has more than 80 members across the country and this annual event provides a unique opportunity to highlight their achievements, growth and innovation.
Adrian Bradley, Managing Director, said: “The industry has faced challenges in recent months within a constantly changing transport and logistics sector, yet despite these challenges, our membership has remained strong and I am proud to work alongside so many great long-serving and new members. Now, more than ever it is vital to recognise and celebrate our member's success.”
Meet this year’s winners, with comments from the judges:
1. Best Newcomer - 24/7 Logistics (Luton) ‘This company, run by two brothers, joined the network as a start-up in June 2019 and have already achieved so much. From their immaculate site in Luton, the team have been proactive in generating network volume and have fully embraced our value of quality, delivering a great service for our network customers.’
2. Operational Excellence - Brocklehurst Transport (Dewsbury, West Yorkshire) ‘This company consistently score top marks on everything from POD compliance to delivery performance. Their team are customer focused, service driven and work hard to deliver steady growth.’
Runners up: Lombard Liverpool and Team C (Thetford)
3. Commercial Excellence, single trunk - Celtic Couriers (Burry Port) ‘Although working in a really challenging area of South Wales this company displays total commitment and impressive growth.’
Runners up: Formation Freight (Southampton), 24/7 Logistics (Luton)
4. Commercial Excellence, multi-trunk - Intersped (South East London) ‘This commercially savvy business has grown quickly and are very focused on providing a best in class service to their customers throughout the UK, Ireland and into Europe. The team is innovative and lives and breathes our Network ethos.’
Runners up: Linkline (Wellingborough), Stanton logistics (Rotherham)
5. Spotlight award – as chosen by MD - Les Smith Haulage (Swindon) 'This family-run business is dependable, innovative and is continually investing. The director, Nick, sits on our Member board and gets involved in everything – providing vehicles when we need them, stepping in when we have a challenge and helping to shape our strategy.'
6. Depot of the Year - Devereux (Billingham) – scooping this award for the fifth year running ‘Their customer service is excellent and the whole team are honest, upfront and are much loved by the whole Network. No one can ever be perfect, but if you communicate well and have excellent customer service then you will do well and reap the rewards, as illustrated by our winning depot – the fifth win in a row for the team here.’ Runners-up: Stanton Logistics (Stanton) in Stanton and Parker Transport (Bath)
Chris Dennigan, Commercial Director, summarised: “The competition for excellence has been exceptionally strong this year and the efforts of all our businesses to deliver a great customer experience and deliver additional revenue for the Network has been nothing short of exceptional. Congratulations to all our finalists.”